Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Tide is High! but not too high.

And here we are with the classic throwback entry, I'm not talking 80s and 90s, I mean the Sleepwalkin' and Runaway era. Always love the stalker-y message of these songs laid out in sugarsweet I'm Your Man style. 

Then we get to Crooked Fingers. Maybe it's just some recent influences/fascination in my life (which I can explain later, but let me just say "Boat Drinks" is a song everyone needs to embrace as a lifestyle, I have many times on kayaks), but I genuinely thought we were getting a Jimmy Buffett song here. I realize it would have been out of character but REALLY you never know, particularly with Bri-Bri's earlier caveat that these wouldn't be exactly traditional. Sorry, but this is 100% Crooked Fingers channeling Jimmy Buffett.


Uh oh. What do we have here now. I do not know this man's name, Eric Church. And I will for old times give you a strong 'what the CRAP song is this....'. Oh god I'm so sorry, but no. Just gonna kiss this guy and retreat into it.






It is 9:04pm.
This is the seance.

No comments:

Post a Comment