Friday, August 6, 2010

August, and Everything After...

So, this post is a few days late. My apologies. And my apologies for, this month, totally failing to live up to my promise to keep these pages (all three of them, etc…) interesting and active. I don’t have much of an excuse. I spent some time getting more sleep at night than usual and my mind has been elsewhere. Though, in my defense, I have been working behind the scenes on quite a bit of material soon to be posted all across the boards, as well as research and picture taking and song-working-on-writing and long distance correspondence and mix-making and I recently found out (oh so apropos) that my restaurant is (much like Bmax) going to be closing, unexpectedly, to the employees…
And so on.
Blah, blah.

This post, belated, was meant to commemorate/inaugurate another in our on-going series of new KINGS national holidays/days of remembrance (the first being July 1st, Decemberists July, July Day and the second being “Kiss The Bottle”/Captain Zoe/Blanchard’s Day, as you will recall, and, seriously someone out there needs to be making a new KINGS calendar to keep track of all these). We are convened here to celebrate (ideally on August 1sts) “August, and Everything After…” Day.

A day on which to ponder the deep, deep summer, the long days, the when-will-it-finally-be-dark-enough-outside-to-start-drinking days, and the many seismic transformations which often accompany a journey through/across an epic summer.

To that end, as on past holidays, I would ask you, friends and loved ones and family, to take a moment from your day/s over these August weeks to take a spin through any or all of the mixes which feature tracks from the beloved Counting Crows’ 90’s rock masterpiece “August and Everything After…”

Those mixes being (in album track list order):


--045(Florida Beach) Round Here
--077+++(Dark Hills [Live At The Y, 2004]) Omaha
--044(Anacortes Has A Secret Love) Mr. Jones
--051(You'll Be In The Air) (K6) Perfect Blue Buildings
--053(All Is Full Of Love) (K4) Anna Begins
--055(I Want To Be Cold) Time and Time Again
--131b(Get Off The Internet) (K11) Rain King
--052(Don't Wake Me Up) Sullivan Street
--055(I Want To Be Cold) (Again!) Ghost Train
--053(All Is Full Of Love) (K4) Raining in Baltimore
--072+++(I'm Getting Cold) A Murder of One


For a tiny bit of trivial info, none of which I was aware of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_and_Everything_After























it is 5:26 AM
this is the fucking seance.





























xo.

1 comment:

  1. yaaay glad you're posting more again and also sad about your job

    ReplyDelete